Niseko Kids Club is seeking new Childcare Attendants to care for children ranging from newborns to 12 years old within our daycare centre as well as rotating to be an on-call Babysitter. Special attention is focused on the safety, health, and well-being of each child. Light housekeeping duties are expected of each Team Member and attendants must be able and willing to change diapers and clean up after children. This is a full-time or part-time position with flexible scheduling.
- Day-to-day guidance and active supervision of the children.
- Plan and engage children in fun play-based, age-appropriate activities.
- Oversee the feeding and general well-being of the children.
- Build good, open, and effective communication with children, families, and staff.
- Observe and record children’s activities, development, and behaviour.
- Ensure the indoor and outdoor learning environments are clean, hygienic, and safe.
- Undertake administrative and other tasks as required.
- Arrive at the client’s accommodations 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Gather information about the parents and their children.
- Keep the play area safe and free from hazards.
- Sanitize play equipment, games, and toys.
- Change diapers, dress children and assist them with their snacks, drinks, and meals.
- Teach children the importance of good personal hygiene and health habits.
- Engage children by leading hands-on activities based on your observations of the children’s interests and age-appropriate development.
- Keep an individual record for each child.
- At least 2 years of childcare experience.
- Work well with children and display patience.
- CPR/First aid certified (including infant).
- Working with children check.
- Accommodation available
- Ski pass included (full-time only)
- Flexible hours
- Hanazono activities discount
- 2022 December 1st to 2023 March 31
- ¥1300 to ¥1500 per hour depending on experience and end-of-season bonus.