Niseko Kid’s Club is an international daycare center with 2 convenient locations; at the base of the Hirafu family chair lift, inside AYA Niseko hotel and at the base of Hanazono, inside Hanazono 308.
Our daycare centers have been designed by educators, architects and artists to ensure your child thrives in an engaging environment that nurtures and inspires their curious minds.
Our highly trained professional caregivers and teachers will guide your child to discover their own unique qualities through engaging daycare activities, stimulating learning environments and exciting group interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Policies and Procedures
For the well being of your child, as well as our caregivers, before the first booking, we require you to complete an enrollment packet, which includes the following:
- Registration form
- Policies and Procedures form
- Medical waiver
- Outside play waiver
Reservations and Drop-in Policynkcadmin2019-09-06T14:31:28+00:00
Spaces can be booked in advance for full days or half days. However, once the centre is booked to capacity we are unable to take further bookings. We ask parents to book in advance as we may not have space for their children during busy times.
- Reservations can be made online at www.nisekokidsclub.com.
- Daycare is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm daily, Monday – Sunday.
- A half day can be reserved, 8.30am – 1.00pm, or 1.30pm – 4.30pm.
- Daily drop-in childcare is available for families visiting Niseko.
Niseko Kid’s Club offers childcare programs for children aged 1 to 6 years. The child to staff ratio is 3:1 for children aged 12 to 36 months and 8:1 for children aged 3 to 6 years.
- The register of children is checked weekly and a staff schedule is made according to the ratios.
- If staff are ill and unable to come to daycare, extra staff will be employed to maintain the ratios.
We have an open door policy with all of our parents. We encourage staff and parents to regularly discuss the progress of the children.
- For parents who wish to get updates about their children throughout the day, the ‘daily connect’ program is used. This will allow us to share how your child is doing, and send updates about food, nap time, creativity and collaboration with the other children. We can also send photos so parents can see how much fun we’re having! Daily Connect can be downloaded as an app, or through a web-browser.
- Parents are welcome to make an appointment if they have any specific concerns that they’d like to discuss with us, at a time when we can give our undivided attention.
- Telephone communication is also encouraged.
- Once a week there will be an event that is open to families when parents can visit the facility and ask staff any questions they may have.
Release of child policynkcadmin2019-09-06T14:34:56+00:00
It is very important that we maintain a strict pick-up policy. No child will be returned to an unauthorized person.
- We want to hand over children in a careful, safe and orderly manner so staff will call the children to the door one by one.
Late pick-up policynkcadmin2019-09-06T14:36:13+00:00
It is the parent’s responsibility to pick up their children before closing time.
- Although allowances will be made for emergencies, a parent who picks up their child after the scheduled pick-up time will be charged a late fee of 1,500 yen for every 15 minutes late.
- If parents are having difficulties, they should notify staff immediately.
- Children must be picked up within the 30 minutes of the posted closing time.
If a child has any allergies or dietary requirements, parents should let us know so we can do our best to cater for them.
- Parents will complete the admissions form for their child, and leave details about any allergies.
- The caterers will be contacted to find out if it’s possible to alter the recipe for the meals. In the event that we are unable to meet the needs of the child, the parents will provide lunch and snacks for the child.
- No peanuts will be included in lunch or snacks for safety purposes.
- No peanuts will be brought into the Kid’s Club in case of accidental contamination.
- Allergies will be posted in the kitchen for all staff to see.
- Parents will be informed immediately of any allergy attack and the steps taken
We strive to provide safe care for all our children. All Niseko Kid’s Club staff will work very hard to minimize any accidents. However by the very nature of the activities that we will be undertaking we will undoubtedly have the odd accident hence we need to have procedures in place as to how we will handle them.
- All of our childcare staff are certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Small Accidents: We will treat the child and then tell the parent about the accident when they pick up the child.
- More Serious Accidents: The parent will be asked on the Child’s Registration Form whether they give permission for a trained staff member to administer Emergency First Aid.
- The parent will be asked on the Child’s Registration Form whether they give permission for a staff member if necessary to sign any written form, consenting a hospital/doctor to treat the child if a delay in getting the parent’s permission is considered by the hospital/doctor to endanger the child’s health and safety.
- We will treat the bleeding/bruising/suspected break/burn/black out etc. as required and then call for an ambulance (#119) if we feel it necessary. We will then inform the parent. The parent will then have two choices-
- The parent can decide to come directly to the Club and go to hospital with their child in the ambulance.
Children who are ill are asked to stay at home with their parents. Staff who are ill are also asked not to come to daycare. Symptoms of contagious illness may include:
- Fever over 38.3º C (101ºF).
- Infected eyes or skin.
- Any type of contagious or communicable disease such as flu, measles, mumps, rubella, or chicken pox.
- Unexplained diarrhea or loose stool combined with nausea, vomiting or abdominal cramps.
- An acute cold with fever, runny nose and eyes, a “croupy” cough or congested to the point that he/she has heavy breathing.
- If a child becomes sick at daycare, and the parent is unable to be reached, the person authorized to pick up in the case of an emergency will be called and asked to pick up the child.
- The staff will isolate the child from the other children and make him/her as comfortable as possible, but will not administer medication.
- If a child has been ill, they can be readmitted to daycare 24 hours after the symptoms have subsided.
Only medication prescribed by a doctor will be administered to children in our care.
- Only medication that is outlined by the parents or guardian on the signed entry document will be administered.
- All medications are kept in a locked container in the kitchen out of children’s reach.
- Parents must inform staff of any side effects or reaction that medication may cause in a child. (ie: hives, drowsiness, diarrhea).
- Medication must be brought to the centre in its original container with instructions from the doctor on how to administer it.
- Label must clearly show the following information:
- Child’s name
- name of medication
- Dosage Route (oral, nasal, rectal, eye, ear, or injection)
- Care of medication (shake well, refrigerate)
- Date to end administration of medication.
Hygiene and Cleanlinessnkcadmin2019-09-06T14:43:16+00:00
Staff will do their best to keep the daycare center clean and tidy. The children have the freedom to make a mess but they are expected to help with clean-up time; whether it be finishing up with crafts, or putting away the toys.
- Staff will put on the clean-up music and encourage the children to clean up and put things away.
- We use only natural products to clean our toys and surfaces, and avoid all harmful chemicals.
- All kitchen and table surfaces will be wiped after food preparation times.
- Children will wash their hands with a natural soap solution before and after food preparation time.
- Staff will wash their hands, tie back their hair and put on an apron before serving lunch.
- Each day toilets and sinks will be cleaned, surfaces will be dusted and floors vacuumed.
- Linen and washcloths will be washed daily after use.
- Toys will be sterilized once a week – on a rotational basis.
Terms & Conditions
- Online bookings must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- For bookings within 48 hours, please call 080-9002-5394 or email [email protected]
- Payment for daycare bookings is due 7 days prior to the service date. We reserve the right to cancel without notice any unpaid service by this due date.
- Cancellation 48 hours or less prior to the start date will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation includes changes that reduce the overall value of the daycare booking and no shows.