We strive to provide safe care for all our children. All Niseko Kid’s Club staff will work very hard to minimize any accidents. However by the very nature of the activities that we will be undertaking we will undoubtedly have the odd accident hence we need to have procedures in place as to how we will handle them.
- All of our childcare staff are certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Small Accidents: We will treat the child and then tell the parent about the accident when they pick up the child.
- More Serious Accidents: The parent will be asked on the Child’s Registration Form whether they give permission for a trained staff member to administer Emergency First Aid.
- The parent will be asked on the Child’s Registration Form whether they give permission for a staff member if necessary to sign any written form, consenting a hospital/doctor to treat the child if a delay in getting the parent’s permission is considered by the hospital/doctor to endanger the child’s health and safety.
- We will treat the bleeding/bruising/suspected break/burn/black out etc. as required and then call for an ambulance (#119) if we feel it necessary. We will then inform the parent. The parent will then have two choices-
- The parent can decide to come directly to the Club and go to hospital with their child in the ambulance.